CAH Honors Curriculum
Generally, you will submit a Special Topics form for Honors course proposals unless you are honorizing a course that already exists at the undergraduate level. Burnett Honors College (BHC) courses go through the same steps that non-Honors courses go through, with a few exceptions:
- These courses must be approved through the Honors College before they are submitted to CAH.
- Forms should list “Consent of Honors” for prerequisites.
- “With Honors content” should be added to the end of BHC Course Descriptions.
BHC Interdisciplinary Seminars
- Syllabi and ST forms must be identical (excluding course prefix and Chair signatures)
- Must go through the process simultaneously. Departments should coordinate with one another to make sure that both sets of forms go up together.
Honors Versions of Existing Courses
- Use a CAR, not an ST: these will become permanent courses in the catalog.
- Syllabus must clearly indicate the Honors content and assignments that distinguish it from the non-Honors version.